"Unable to push default value for pin" on Linked Anim Graph node & Enums in Control Rig

Hi, I have a linked anim BP and I’m using a thread safe function in my main anim BP to set variables for it, and using the linked anim BP node to push them variables to the movement anim BP, but for some reason I get the error “Unable to push default value for pin ‘FP_CameraTransform (Transform variable)’ on ‘ABP_Movement (the linked anim BP)’”

This error message is only showing on the transform variable, and I haven’t set it up any differently to the nearly 30 other variables being set so I’m not seeing any reason why this shouldn’t work, is there just something inherently wrong with trying to push transform variables in a thread safe manner, or am I doing something wrong? The default value is just the default for a transform since it’s set in runtime.

Edit - Second question, is there any way of using Enums in Control Rig? Whenever I drag one into the Control Rig Editor, even though it’s just in the graph and not connected to anything, it has the error under it saying “Variable Node @@ is ill-formed (pin type doesn’t match the variable type). Consider to recreate the node.”, and when I compile it, it shows the message (but not an error and still successfully compiles) “The Control Rig you compiled doesn’t do anything. Did you forget to add a Begin_Execution node?”, also there isn’t a Switch node when I drag off of it either, so I’m guessing they’re just not available in CR for some reason?

Bumped into this problem today, seems property binding on linked layer nodes cannot evaluate a default value for transforms (but for vectors & rotators they can…?).

Solution is to not use property binding on the linked layer node but instead use the property access node and plug that in. Like so:
Untitled

Hi, you can set default values to FVectors and FRotators, because they are usually passed by value (in a function new object is created with the same value).
FTransform is usually passed by reference, it means that you have to provide a real variable, not just a raw value of the Transform.