Unable to package loose files in Plugins

Seems that you can’t add directories to package in plugins to get JSon files etc packed up.

Is that right?

If so it makes shipping DLC requiring non unreal content a bunch trickier (in my case I’ll need to bake two pak files and filter unreal friendly content from non unreal).

Also seems like an easy fix? Right? I like to live in a smiley easy world…

Currently I’m using RunUAT to cook and stage in one swoop.

If I want to package loose files in, can I cook, then modify a manifest file somewhere, then stage to get all the files I want in a single pak?

Looks like you can’t run stage without cook. “Only cooked builds or programs can be staged”.

What about running the stage, unpacking the pack file and rebuilding it without the files I don’t want and with the extra files I do? Would the resultant pak file be viable for shipped builds?

This is what I’m doing, but I don’t know is the pak files built are properly viable and am currently looking at a problem where the cooked UTextures don’t seem to have a proper mip chain

Hello theonecalledtom,

I have a couple of questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?

Easy to reproduce in the three projects I’ve tried. Just seems like a feature that hasn’t caught up with the newish plugin packaging system.

1. Setup a DLC plugin

2. Under ProjectSettings\Packaging[Advanced options] Add a new directory to Additional Non-Asset Directories to Package add a directory that is within your DLC content folder

3. See error dialog:

The chosen directory must be within C:/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/StagingTest/Content/

Hello theonecalledtom,

After looking into the issue further, I found that this is a current limitation of that feature. I have written up a feature request (UE-26798) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day