Our project is currently using 4.7.6, but as it is a Mobile-targeted title I would like to update to 4.8 as soon as possible for the various fixes and optimizations.
When I go to package for Android I get this error:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): UnrealBuildTool: clang++.exe: error: no such file or directory: 'D:/Epic Games/4.8/Engine/Binaries/Android/UE4-OnlineSubsystemGooglePlay-Android-Shipping-armv7-es2.a'
Full Build Log
The project compiles/packages fine on 4.7.6 and I have the Onlline SubSystem set up in the inis and build.cs files
if (Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Android)
Try also PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add(“Path”); to the missing library. I’ve had some other library linking issues for mobile with iOs also, but maybe this is easier if you manage to find the library they are trying to link to.
I appreciate the tip (that looks like it could be useful), but the missing library (UE4-OnlineSubsystemGooglePlay-Android-Shipping-armv7-es2.a) does not seem to exist anywhere (searched the project, 4.8 download, and GitHub directories). Is it possible to manually build this library?
I haven’t seen that library before. Seems to me like the previews are missing some libraries. I suggest you wait for the real 4.8 release before attempting to migrate. I do not know what that library actually contains and what part of the code need it, so it would be hard to manually build. I know they are using gpg-cpp-sdk .a library, but that one no idea.
Its probably their module compiled into a library. If you want you can try building their Online Subsystem Module into a .a library.
Can you attach the entire failed build output logs of your Android package to this thread as a txt file?
Added it, I cleared the log before the rebuild so nothing else would be in the way, but if you need any of the startup stuff just let me know
What preview are you seeing this issue on? This AnswerHub thread mentions a known issue with library compiling from source that produces an error similar to yours. The associated JIRA has been fixed and integrated, and should have made it into the most recent preview 4, if you want to try that. If it doesn’t work, however, Chris has included in that thread a workaround for packaging on both Windows and OSX.
Hope this helps!
I’m sorry, I forgot to specify that it was Preview 4, so this fix does not seem to have worked for me. I took up the suggestion to build the GitHub version and try that as per the workaround in the thread you linked. However, this has its own issue (that I was also not able to find a resolution for) which I have made a separate bug report for: Bug Report
I can go ahead and accept this answer if you think it best, but since I’m not sure if we resolved the bug or simply relocated it I will wait for your recommendation.
We’ll leave this open for now, but I’m going to concentrate assistance on the second report for the time being. Thanks!
Thank you for your help, both bugs have been resolved for me (this one by switching to a Git build, but I assume it will be in 4.8 by the time it gets out of preview)