"Unable to open solution" with VSCode on OSX

I’m very new to Unreal, and have been having trouble configuring it on my MacBook Pro using VSCode as an IDE. I’ve worked out most of the kinks (nearly all of them having nothing to do with Unreal specifically), but one thing that remains is that using “Open Visual Studio Code” from the File menu just produces a modal window saying “Unable to open solution”. Manually opening the VSCode project works fine, but I’m wondering if I’m just missing some settings or something like that. Any ideas?

Same here, and I can’t seem to build in VSCode either. Some files access is denied which causes - Failed to build to build tool (UnrealBuildTool) error.

Did you find a solution to this?

I solved the compiling with the following minimal shell commands:

chmod -R u+w ‘/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.26/Engine/Source/Programs/DotNETCommon/DotNETUtilities/obj/Development’ chmod -R u+w ‘/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.26/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/obj/Development’ (depending on your system, sudo and/or different base paths could be needed)

Didn’t solve the open from editor though…

Original Answer Posted Here: Unable to compile with Xcode, Unreal 4.26, Big sur - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums