Unable to open project after editor crash

I was changing a world setting in the editor when it crashed. I’ve been attempting to reopen the project, but now I get the following error when I try to open the project:

“The game module ‘MyShooter’ could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.”

I tried wiping the intermediate and binary directories to see if rebuilding the project would fix it, but no go. How do I fix this?

I tried a different project and it open fine. I’m using version 4.5. The setting I tried to change was under “Game Mode”: “Game State Class”.

Ok, This seems to be the problem:

Warning: dlopen failed: /home/redneck/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyShooter/Binaries/Linux/libUE4Editor-MyShooter.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV23AMyShooterGameMode

So how do I reset the GameMode to clear the missing symbol problem if the project won’t open?

Hi ,

Have you tried rolling back to a previous project? What version of the editor are you using? What setting did you change?

Hi ,

If you go into your DefaultEngine .ini in the filepath \Unreal Projects\PROJECT NAME\config\ you should be able to change the gamemode there.

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in quite some time. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please respond with the requested information.

I have the same problem with my project. Do not know waht is the reason.

I have custom built engine (but i think that’s not the reason) with Game and GameEditor modules. Everytime i start .uproject file I got error complainig about GameEdtior module.
If I start from the debugger - everything loads fine.

Ok, finally i deleted DerivedDataCache and Config and Shader folders in the Intermediate folder. and error gone.