Unable to login and use Unreal Engine

Hello, I work for a large fortune 500 company that has a fairly restrictive proxy system. In order to get online you need to authenticate via a webpage, every time you close the browser the session expires (and sometimes mid session) and you need to login again.

Currently when I try to login to Unreal Engine it tells me it can’t login and asks if I am connected to the Internet (which I am). Is there any way to get around this? I am currently evaluating Unreal as a solution for some applications we are looking to develop. If we can’t login then needless to say it is DOA.

Hi mr_pinc,

Would you mind posting this to the answerhub atanswers.unrealengine.com so we can further assist you? Thank you!

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve done as you asked and created a post on answerhub.

Here is the link:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/23691/is-it-possible-to-login-to-unreal-engine-behind-a.html

[=mr_pinc;11005]
Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve done as you asked and created a post on answerhub.

Here is the link:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/23691/is-it-possible-to-login-to-unreal-engine-behind-a.html
[/]

Hi mr_pink :slight_smile:

There is an easy option that would take an hour to set-up. Unfortunately it means downloading the Unreal Engine Four source files from github, (after setting up a free account) … Follow the instructions to the letter and it’s as simple as making a roast chicken :smiley:
If you build the engine via visual 2013 express desktop , (also free) UE4 comes as a standalone system, that doesn’t require the launcher or an internet connection once installed. In all, it’s about two hours work for a cumbersome free adventure into the engine, (and the added bonus that you built UE4 from just c++ source files :slight_smile: )

I know nothing, (absolutely zero) about coding but I managed to do it. The main reason because I sometimes lose the internet for days in my remote village in Scotland :slight_smile:

P.S. in case you don’t visit this thread again, I’m posting this as a solution to you on the answer-hub

Thanks LexLuthor.

That’s a good solution for for just evaluating the engine but it won’t work for actual production environment. I appreciate the suggestion though so thanks!