Unable to load/ install an engine upon start-up

I just installed UE for the first time, When i get to the startup page and click on library, it of course is empty. the only thing in there is Engine slots. So i go to install an engine and it says “please wait”, then nothing, the version i attempted to install is now gone (it comes back when i close and reopen the program) and no downloads have been started, i also am not given any errors or anything. Im sort of a newbie to the whole computer scene as i just switched from console to PC. But i did do some research and tried some of the answers that had worked for people in the past. I reinstalled the startup thing and enabled the program to pass through my firewalls (not really sure how i did that, but i was very proud of myself :)) and still i am having the same issue. On a side note, i am currently deployed to Afghanistan and the internet is pretty slow here, im not sure if this could be the cause of the issue or not. As i said, i am pretty new to the computer stuff, so please be descriptive in your answers, i may not know some of the technical jargin you might use, but anything would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi mrfatpanda,

I’m sorry that you are having this issue. In the below link are some common Launcher troubleshooting steps. Please look through them and try anything that you haven’t already.

If the problem still persist, upload your Verbose Logs (directions for this is near the bottom of the linked page) and we will look into it further.

Hi mrfatpanda,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, try the troubleshooting steps linked above. If the issue persists, please post your Verbose Logs.

Thanks, TJ