Unable to launch unreal engine

Dear Epic Games Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently experiencing difficulties with installing the Epic Games Launcher on my MacBook Pro. Despite following troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling the launcher and ensuring my macOS is up to date (macOS version 12.7.5), I continue to encounter the LS-0013 error.

Here are some details that might help diagnose the issue:

• MacBook Pro Model: 15” MacBook Pro, 2015
  • Error Message: LS-0013
  • Steps Taken:
    • Reinstalled the Epic Games Launcher multiple times.
    • Checked and cleared cache folders as per recommended steps.
    • Ensured stable internet connection and disabled firewall temporarily.

Additionally, I’ve reviewed the log files and noticed errors related to navigation and URI handling, which may indicate underlying issues with the launcher’s functionality on my system.

Could you please provide guidance on how to resolve this issue? Any specific troubleshooting steps or settings adjustments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards, Kristian

2015 you say?

I don’t think you can run UE5 on that.

but wait, you can’t even install the launcher? the launcher should theoretically work on your system

I can install the launcher, though I don’t think it installs properly as when I look in the ‘epic games’ folders on my Mac there are no folders/files that appear.

I thought the same (that my Mac may be a bit too old) so I looked on google and it did say it should be able to run ok on it, but everything I tried (I troubleshooted using ChatGPT) just wouldn’t work

problem is that chatgpt will “hallucinate” stuff and give false information. Because “it needs to give an answer”. The press call it “hallucinate” to avoid call it by the real name, errors and lies. From my experience it will fail to give correct answer to tech questions 9 of 10 times.

I’ve looked at UE5 requirements and your machine can’t support this engine version because the GPUs are too old and they don’t have enough VRAM and GPU chips are missing modules that are needed. Even if by some miracle you can make it work, which I doubt, it will never be a pleasant development journey, you are just fighting a lost battle. Latest UE5 versions struggle on a 6Gb VRAM card just so you can have a reference point. (which is 2Gb bellow the recomended VRAM needed)

instead you should try installinf UE4, there is nothing wrong with that, you can create a perfectly fine game with UE4.

Here are the specs

I did wonder if my machine was powerful enough to run UE5!

As I am a complete novice to this, I was hoping to do some VFX projects (to make short films/scenes) rather than game building for now, would you say UE4 is a good engine to use for that?

I don’t know what kind of work you need to do but UE4 is ok, you can download very good graphics from the store for that version.