Unable to get root motion to work

Hi I’m having a real problem getting my character to follow a root motion of a animation.

I have gone through video and work with a blender expert to make sure that I have the movement moved across.

However when I import into unreal it seem to just convert the root back to be in place. Then I cannot get it to work.

Please help!

Ed

Root motion won’t work as soon as you import your animation. You need first to enable root motion in the detail panel of the animation.

303778-activerm.jpg

You can preview it by enabling this option and check if the root indeed moves (there should be a red line) :

Finally in the anim BP, in the class default, there is an option for how you want it to work, basically “from montages only” if your anim will be used in a montage, or “from everything” is for example the anim is used in a blendspace

Try already to check in the preview of the anim itself (my second picture, “process root motion” must be checked). You should see a red line, and the character moving along with the root. It is just for preview purpose, but at least you will see if the root anim is here or not.
You can try also, in the anim itself, to use “zero” or "ref pose " instead of “anim first frame”.

Hi Grot13

Thanks so much for your help this is driving me up the wall.

I’ve done everything that you suggested but it’s still not working. Here is a short video.

Is their anything else I can try?

Really appericate the help.

Ed

Thanks so much. I haven’t fixed it, but I can see that the problem is with the import.

Did you ever figure this issue out? I’m having the same problem. No matter what I do I can not get the red line to show in the animation preview.