Unable to generate Xcode project. TimeZoneNotFoundException

Hi there,

I’m trying to update my project to 4.15 but receive the following error message.

Many thanks

Project files could not be generated. Log output:

Running Mono...

Setting up Mono
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.15/Engine /Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.15/Engine/Binaries/Mac
Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
UnrealBuildTool Exception: System.TimeZoneNotFoundException: Exception of type 'System.TimeZoneNotFoundException' was thrown.
  at System.TimeZoneInfo.get_Local () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.DateTime.ToLocalTime (Boolean throwOnOverflow) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.DateTime.ToLocalTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.DateTime.FromFileTime (Int64 fileTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_LastWriteTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_LastWriteTimeUtc () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileSystemInfo:get_LastWriteTimeUtc ()
  at UnrealBuildTool.DynamicCompilation.RequiresCompilation (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 SourceFileNames, UnrealBuildTool.FileReference AssemblySourceListFilePath, UnrealBuildTool.FileReference OutputAssemblyPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.DynamicCompilation.CompileAndLoadAssembly (UnrealBuildTool.FileReference OutputAssemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 SourceFileNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ReferencedAssembies, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 PreprocessorDefines, Boolean DoNotCompile, Boolean TreatWarningsAsErrors) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly..ctor (IReadOnlyList`1 Plugins, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ModuleFiles, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 TargetFiles, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 ModuleFileToPluginInfo, UnrealBuildTool.FileReference AssemblyFileName, UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly Parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.CreateEngineRulesAssembly () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.ProjectFileGenerator.AddProjectsForAllTargets (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 AllGames, UnrealBuildTool.ProjectFile& EngineProject, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2& GameProjects, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2& ProgramProjects, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1& TemplateGameProjects, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1& SampleGameProjects) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.ProjectFileGenerator.GenerateProjectFiles (System.String[] Arguments) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.DoPostStartupStuffThatCanAccessConfigs (System.String[] Arguments) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hello DannRees,

I am having some trouble narrowing down the issue you are experiencing. I have a couple of questions for you that will help me investigate your issue further!

1. Is this issue affecting a single project or any project you are upgrading to 4.15?
  2. Have you recently changed the timezone on your computer?
  3. Does the project you are trying to upgrade use information related to getting the current time?
  4. How are you upgrading your project?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I managed to fix the error by deleting my “localtime” file in the “etc” directory (OSX).

Cheers