Unable to generate project files for a project in UE5 that migrated from 4.27 (Unknown platform ... while parsing allow list for module descriptor)

I followed the steps in Migration Guide, and everything worked well. But I am not unable to generate project files because of these errors: (Its not specific to DlgSystem - it happens in every module that includes “PS4” “Switch” or “XboxOne”)

... warning: Unknown platform XboxOne while parsing allow list for module descriptor DlgSystem
... warning: Unknown platform Switch while parsing allow list for module descriptor DlgSystem
... warning: Unknown platform PS4 while parsing allow list for module descriptor DlgSystem
Compiled assembly file 'D:\...\ProjectNameModuleRules.dll' appears to be for a newer CLR version or is otherwise invalid.  Unreal Build Tool will try to recompile this assembly now.  (Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'D:\...\ProjectNameModuleRules.dll'. Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.)
ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named 'ProjectNameTarget'.  This type must derive from the 'TargetRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

Please let me know if you need further info.

1 Like