Unable to determine UHT module type

Hello, I’m trying to build/rebuild unreal engine editor however I’m constantly getting following error and stuck.

3>Creating makefile for UE4Editor (no existing makefile) 3>UnrealBuildTool : warning : The ‘Developer’ module type has been deprecated in 4.24. Use ‘DeveloperTool’ for modules that can be loaded by game/client/server targets in non-shipping configurations, or ‘UncookedOnly’ for modules that should only be loaded by uncooked editor and program targets (eg. modules containing blueprint nodes) 3>C:\Projects\Linkedbits\Games\UE_4.24_S\UE_4.24_S\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\VaRestPlugin\VaRestPlugin.uplugin : warning : The ‘Developer’ module type has been deprecated in 4.24. 3>version:4.24.3 3>version:4.24.3 3>UnrealBuildTool : error : Unable to determine UHT module type for C:\Projects\Linkedbits\Games\UE_4.24_S\UE_4.24_S\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\VaRestPlugin\Source\VaRest\VaRest.Build.cs 3>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(49,5): error MSB3073: The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat -Target=“UE4Editor Win64 Development” -Target=“ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code -1. 3>Done building project “UE4.vcxproj” – FAILED. ========== Rebuild All: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Have you find out the reason? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve gotten the error “Unable to determine UHT module type” if the module wasn’t included in the .uplugin file that contains the module, so the header tool can’t find it. Likely that it’s caused by some sort of dependency issue - project doesn’t enable the plugin or the plugin isn’t loading the module for the current platform or target.