Unable to create a blueprint containing multiple actors

I’m having some trouble in Unreal 4.23. According to the documentation, if I select a bunch of Actors and hit the Blueprints button in the toolbar, I should get an option to “Convert Selection To Blueprint Class,” which then gives me a choice of three options of what to do with the different objects before creating the blueprint. Instead, I get “Convert Selected Components To Blueprint Class,” the dialog asking me what to do with the objects does not show up – it goes straight to the one asking where to save the blueprint – and the blueprint it generates is a mess: textures get changed, the names of the actors are lost, and all of the objects are “dropped on the ground” rather than being positioned where they had been relative to each other!

The objects in question are a character (Skeletal Mesh) and several sub-objects representing the character’s clothing (also skeletal meshes, attached to the character as sub-objects in the World Outliner hierarchy.) I basically want to do the same thing you can do in Unity: take this character and save it as a prefab so I can make copies of it easily in different maps. From researching the documentation and various forum posts, it seems like making them into a Blueprint using the Harvest Components option is the best way to do that, but that option is never showing up! This problem persists even after closing and restarting Unreal.

Anyone have any idea why the editor is not behaving as documented, and what I can do about it?

Select ‘convert selection to blueprint…’ and then choose ‘harvest components’

If you actually want a prefab, try:

…I literally just said that that’s what I’m expecting to be able to do, but the option’s not available, which is why I’m asking for help here.

Sure, I’d like to, but this is supposed to go on the Marketplace and having a dependency on a third-party plugin isn’t the best idea.

Sorry, didn’t see anything about ‘harvest’ there…

The reliance on the plug in is only during development, it wont be in the final product.

Are you sure? I looked at it, and it looks like it implements prefabs as a new Actor class called PrefabActor, found within a folder called PrefabricatorRuntime…

Yes, but when you’re ready, you can convert. I assume. That’s what other prefab utils do.

Just looked through the documentation, and I don’t see anything about converting prefabs to blueprints. And as I’m currently unable to create the blueprints manually… I’m kind of back to square 1 now.

I have this, which I know does do the replacement: