Unable to compile source files when packaging project

Like the title states, I get errors whenever I try to package my project which results in the packaging failing

Does anyone know what I could do to fix this issue ?

1 Like

Do you code in Blueprint or C++?

You can try to build the game to a different folder.

Hi first of all thanks for taking the time to respond, all the code I use is in blueprint, and by building the game to a different folder do you mean packaging it ?

I just tried and it gave me the same error right after I started it

Yes, parking the file to a different folder

Do you convert Blueprint to C++ when you build the game?

Did you enable Nativize in any Blueprints?

Try to give you project a new name, if that don’t work try to reinstall and verify the engine

First make a manual backup of your project.

Then make a copy in the Epic Games launcher with the right click, then you can give it a new name.

No I checked and this option is disabled but for some reason, it keeps generating c++ files, it’s generating them because of the plugins I have, so I think a way to fix this would be by disabling them but I can’t do that

I don’t think so the setting is disabled for packaging

but isn’t the error maybe because there’s a space in my project’s name?

How do I do that ? Last time I tried manually renaming my project I couldn’t open it anymore and got plenty of errors just by changing a name, what’s the safe way of renaming a project ?

Good news it worked :), the problem was indeed the space in the project name, I managed to pack my project, thanks a lot I would still have this issue if it wasn’t for your help

1 Like

Good to know, can you mark this as Resolved?

yes it’s done thanks again for your help