Unable to compile 4.15.1 with VS 2017 1.5.3

Build is failing with many of the following error:

Error C4768 __declspec attributes before linkage specification are ignored ShaderCompileWorker C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\um\ShlObj.h 972
Error C4768 __declspec attributes before linkage specification are ignored ShaderCompileWorker C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\um\ShlObj.h 972
Error Failed to produce item: C:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\ShaderCompileWorker\Development\ShaderCompileWorker-Core.lib ShaderCompileWorker C:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
Error MSB3073 The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -waitmutex” exited with code -1. ShaderCompileWorker C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 49

Full error log:

I was able to build fine until I uninstalled/reinstalled the latest 2017 VS Community 1.5.3. I cannot find a way to downgrade community so not sure what else I can do, running UnrealBuildTool manually produces a generic unknown error.

I’ve reinstalled VS, clean/rebuild, rebased 4.15.1 from github/fresh download, tried the 1.5.3 patch, build, same result.