Unable to build UE4 from source

Hi all,

I need some help, as I’m struggling to build the Unreal Engine 4 from source using Visual Studio 2017. I’m getting an error AFTER the build. So when I press F5, things are being loaded and after a minute I receive the following error:

'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'F:\FleX_Gamedev\UE4-GameWorks-4.19.2-master\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-XMPP.dll'. Symbols loaded.

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFF54C74FA3 (UE4Editor-XMPP.dll) in UE4Editor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFF54C74FA3 (UE4Editor-XMPP.dll) in UE4Editor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Does anyone know how to handle this issue? I’m trying to build UE4 including the Nvidia Flex… So I tried various UE4 + Flex source codes from the official GitHub repo’s, and after that, even only the UE4 repo without Flex… All of them, resulting in exactly the same error… Therefore I guess it might be related somewhere to my system, rather than the repos…

BTW: I’m using Windows 10, building ‘Developer Editor’ and Win64 as instructed in the UE4 build from source manual on the Epic website.

Any thoughts on this issue?