Unable to Build on Mac

Hello,

I’m encountering an error when I try to build my project for Mac. Here is a screenshot with the error I’m getting:

If anyone knows how to resolve this I’d be very grateful for the help.

Thanks in advance!

This could be due to the relatively long project path. If you have enough hard drive space left, you could try creating a copy of your project directory right under “Documents” and try compiling it there.

Does the project use any plugins from FAB or third-party libraries?

That’s a development configuration but you’re packaging the project? Is that what was intended?

For packaging on Mac I find I have to do ‘Shipping’ first and run a ‘Cook’, then once that completes do a package.

Check that that binary builds and links OK.

Then try “development” - but I’m not sure about packaging development builds.

hard to tell without the exact text, but most Mac build fails are: Xcode version mismatch (need the one listed in engine release notes, not latest), missing Apple Developer cert in keychain, or Build.cs having a Win64-only module without a Platform check.

run build from terminal with RunUAT BuildTarget rather than editor packaging, it gives the real error. and in Project Settings → Packaging → Build Configuration try Shipping instead of Development, sometimes Development mac target pulls source file Win-only.