Unable to add Content Pack (Vehicle) to Level

Hi guys. I am trying out this tutorial about switching between pawns and possession in UE5, where you start off from a ThirdPersonCharacter and then you’re able to switch to vehicle pawn.

After importing the vehicle (Content Drawer>Add>Add Feature or Content Pack>Vehicle>Add to Project), I tried to drag & drop the vehicle blueprint class into the Level Viewport, however was prompted with this error msg.

I don’t quite understand what happened and why is that so. I tried using other UE version, UE4.27, and it worked. I was able to bring in the vehicle blueprint and complete the tutorial.

Can somebody point out what I have done wrong or missing out between these 2 versions? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hey there @Ridhwan_Aziz! Have you enabled the chaos vehicles plugin? Otherwise the parent class that the vehicles derives from doesn’t exist. Check in your plugins folder for Chaos vehicles, and if it’s not installed, install it and restart the editor.

2 Likes

Hey @SupportiveEntity! Thank you for the response and the tips. It worked just fine now. I wasn’t aware that I am required to enable the ChaosVehiclePlugIn in order to make the vehicle pawn to work. Appreciate your help, thanks!

1 Like