Unable to access Publisher Portal because "account does not meet the necessary requirements."

So a bit over a week ago I was experiencing an issue that when I tried to reply to questions, I got the following error:

This was quite disturbing, as a seller should respond to questions as quickly as possible, so I contacted the marketplace team. However, about 2 days ago, the situation got worse, trying to log into the portal redirected me to an error page where I got the following:

This was much more disturbing, as I can now not do anything. I have contacted marketplace support, and it has yet to be resolved. I will post the solution here when it is found, but want to know if this is happening or has happened to anyone else?

Hi @anonymous_user_b3b1b525, I’m sorry to hear you’re having troubles with the Publisher Portal.
I just want to tell you the marketplace staff seems to be pretty busy lately, approval for my latest updates on UE5.1 took more than 1 week to be processed.
I hope you’ll reach a solution as soon as possible tho!
Wish you good luck.

Thanks! Hopefully it wont last too much longer and I can post a solution here for anyone else experiencing it (unless its epic’s side, then they would just have to email them)

1 Like

I have the same problem. Hope they fix it soon.

Can you open your account settings from the epic games launcher, and download your account information, then in that file look under account history, and see if there is an entry called “HISTORY_ACCOUNT_IMPORT_AGE_INFO” on 11/30? I only know one other person that is encountering this issue, and we think this entry may be the cause of the error. Thank you for your compliance, and I hope epic can fix this soon!

Same, I am trying to publish someting on the Unreal marketplace but I can’t access the seller portal…

I have a trick that worked for me to access the seller portal. When the user gated page comes up, click on the Unreal logo, top left, then go back twice, and you should be there.

1 Like

omg you just saved me thank you so much, this will do for now!

1 Like

Still can’t answer questions, but at least I can access the portal now

No worries! It is probably a bug. But a bug fixed another bug. So nobody loses.

I would set my reply as a solution for now btw…

You can only mark a post as resolved if it is a question post, I made this a thread.

Ok so this has to do with your date of birth set less than 18 years ago, as the marketplace has an 18+ policy. Moral of the story, have 2 separate accounts, one for business, and one you and your kids can play on. After talking with support for a month, we didn’t really get anywhere, so I ended up just making a new epic games account with the correct date, and the marketplace team transferred my publisher portal to that account.

1 Like

I can confirm, I am now 18 and its working fine