I was keen to look at the new outlines and blur post process in UMG (4.15). However I have found a bug where the outline doesn’t seem to affect the size of the a grid panel when ‘Size to content’ is checked. As a temporary solution you can change the ‘Shadow Offset’ X value to that of the outline size.
I am having some trouble recreating your issue on our end. I have a couple of questions for you to help me narrow down your issue.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a new project?
- If so could you provide a detailed list of steps so we can reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screenshots of your UMG editor and other related components?
Thank you for answering- sorry for the late response.
Yes, of course:
(I’m not sure about other panel types, but this works for horizontal boxes and grid panels)
- Open UMG editor.
- Place grid panel.
- Select size to content
- Add text box to grid panel
- Tweak outline, e.g Outline: 24
an overview, the text block settings, the grid panel setting
I can reproduce this on a new project.
I was able to reproduce your issue with the steps provided and logged it for a bug report here:
Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.