UMG -> More Text Effects Please!

Hi Epic!

Yesterday i started to use UMG.
I was a bit disappointed because the only Text Effect inside UMG ist to set a shadow with a X and Y Value. And it´s not even possible to set a Blur for the Shadow.
With this thread i want to request “Text Effects” inside UMG :

1. That the engine user can set a inner or outer contour line. He also can set up the color and size or the thickness of the contour line.

1. That the engine user can set a inner shadow to the text. He also can set up the blur amount, the color of the shadow, the angle and the size of the shadow.

1. That the engine user can set a inner shine to the text. He also can set up the blur amount, the color and the size of the shine.

1. That the engine user can set a transition to the text. He also can set up the Colors of the Transition (2 or more) and the angle in which direction the transition will be going.

1. That the engine user can set a outer shine to the text. He also can set up the blur amount, the color and the size of the shine.

1. That the engine user can set a shadow to the text. He also can set up the blur amount, the color, the angle and the distance.

To use Pictures with Alpha Channel?
Well, some things in a UI or Menu cant be only a picture.
Like PlayerNames or statistic in a Multiplayergame which are different every time.

Thanks Epic,
Gazu

Hello Gazu,

I believe that this will have been covered by the feature request to apply materials to text. This has been implemented into 4.9. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

Cool :slight_smile:

I hope that i can reach the same results with Materials :slight_smile:
Would be cool that its easy like in Photoshop -> Right Click on the Layer -> Filloptions :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Edit:
I hope my other wish also will be done soon -> Online Splitscreen :smiley:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/258712/online-splitscreen.html