UMG How to create a reusable custom widget container

Hi all,

I understand how to create reusable UMG widgets and such (like custom buttons), but one thing I don’t understand is how to create reusable containers like a customized horizontal box (with like a background image attached to it or something) that can accept anything and multiple children. I thought something along the lines of a “named slot” would help, but those can only accept one child as well.

What is the way around this? Is there some way of thinking about UMG that I’m not understanding?

1 Like

This. It’s demoralizing to see, honestly, that it is so hard to find information about such a basic UI functionality.

can you describe what you mean by a customized horizontal box? didnt you just describe what you wanted with the custom button thing/creating reusable widgets?

like, what are you actually trying to do?

if you want to find info like this, youtube is a really good place for that. theres alot of specific, low level tutorials available to you on youtube for a vast majority of questions you could have

A carousel for a basic example. I know that CommonUI provides such a component, but I want to know how to create such components by myself, as CommonUI wouldn’t have every component I might need. Nor do I actually want to use CommonUI, as it seems to be too bloaty for my use case.

And youtube is not really helpful umg carousel -commonui - YouTube