UMG editor crashes when pasting 2 or more items into button or panel

UMG crashes, and corrupts auto-saves and “restores” but normal save works as expected.

This can be reproduced with the following steps…
-create new project
-create widget blueprint
-create a ‘panel’, 'button, 'image, or any other pallet item that only allows for 1 sub-item, copy it, and now paste it into a pallet item that only accepts one item, this should paste successfuly but upon pasting again, this crashes ue4.

This happens more often than it should due to antecedently having the wrong widget selecting when pasting. I experience at least 2 - 4 crashes a day on this alone.

This bug also corrupts any auto-saves and “restores” causing you to loose any manually unsaved work, normal saving does not get corrupted and functions as expected.

Hello Chaoss,

I was unable to reproduce this on my end. I have a few question that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. What version of 4.7 are you using?
  2. Can you reproduce this in a clean project?
  3. If so, could you provide any additional steps needed if any to reproduce this on our end?

Hello Chaoss,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.