UMG Drag widget blocking mouse/touch on element bellow it

Using Unreal 5 but issue is present on earlier versions.
Having canvas with text and buttons and images. When image is dragged (touch moved) new widget (just image) is displayed and dragged on other images bellow and all works, data is passed (payload) and visual is setting image and so on.
One of the buttons/image on canvas has option to rotate drag widget but button down never gets registered on that button. Once drag widget is in viewport buttons do not work although they do seem to change states (visually).
When drag widget is not active buttons do work.
Tried all sorts of things like settings drag widget to Not Hit-Testable (self or self and children) , defining OnMouseButtonDown to be unhandled and OnTouchStarted also.
Tried all other solutions that looked promising but with no luck.
This should be simple mechanics but for some reason solution is evading me. Probably screaming in me face but I’m not registering it :slight_smile:

Hello! Can you be more precise - so you drag item with mouse and then try to click buttons with touch? One more thing - what is expressed by “When drag widget is not active”?

“When drag widget is not active” means that when there is no drag (and consequently no drag widget) button works (Print Hello debug way). Once drag is detected (touch moved) and drag widget created (above current canvas/widget and responds to touch move as it should) button on canvas from where drag was detected lose function and does not respond to mouse/touch press down and no Hello debug message.
Hope that explains the problem more clearly.

I do understand that this is desirable behavior when it comes to 2D UI. When you start to drag and create widget that is suppose to be dropped somewhere bellow user should not be able to press Close button that is somewhere bellow (that closes canvas/widget where drop target is) and consequently maybe create null pointer on drop. But, I do need buttons (or image with mouse press) to register touch/mouse press when drag widget is active.

1. White button/image with mouse down: Need to be able to activate when drag widget is shown

2. Black button: Cancel button that removes green widget/canvas from viewport. Disabled on drag

3. Yellow widget: separate visual for drag widget.

4. Faded element in list that drag begins from

5. Yellow element in list: drag is over that element but since drag widget was offset of -0.5 on Y is looks like it is not but space for finger is needed so dragging image can be seen.

Or if that makes sense: How to pass second (index 1) touch to widgets bellow drag widget?
I have tried adding button to the side (or above) of current (yellow) drag widget but that makes no sense in mobile UI since it covers drop targets and makes use of it non user friendly.

Solved? On Touch Ended is not blocked by drag widget so create another widget with image, set on that widget On Touch Ended function (Call dispatcher) and then on widget that is used for dragging visual make listener (Bind) and you can do transformations on dragged image.

One simple idea just to move all logic from drag mechanism to some state thing. For example - you click on smth and it is snapped to cursor. AFAIK drag mechanism has blocking logic in its basic OS implementation…