UMG and revealing sub menus

Hi

First off, this post was originally in content creation so sorry for the duplicate post, but my query is more based on Visual programming and is why I am posting here.

Im New to the Hud and UMG [Unreal in general] but Im in the processing of trying to create a car configurator changing basic Paint colour, Alloy type, Camera view and Lighting environment.

Now, I’m in the process of learning and researching for what is needed behind the interface for the functionality BUT
I want to know if anyone can help me achieve the following [as hopefully illustrated in the attached] from a GUI point of view.

Don’t know if there is a blueprint available for this? if so could someone point me in the direction of it please…Started looking into Named slots, and not sure if these could be utilized for such a purpose but I am however unable to find much information on this kind of GUI functionality and how to implement it.

I would like [ideally] to achieve the following:

1. Have a docked menu bar with the 4 x main icons of Paint, Alloy, Camera and Lighting displayed in a HUD

2. When hovering over any one of those Menu Icons, a Sub menu [of more icons/widgets] appears

3. When the cursor is moved from the main Icon/Widget, the Sub menu disappears…

As a heads up I have no UMG experience, and need to deliver a project task [for a job] by the 13th of November.

Any help on how to achieve this [an expanding or revealing sub menu from a main menu], including existing code, links to relevant resources or otherwise would be hugely appreciated. To Re-iterate, I’m NOT asking about how to Change materials, lighting, switch camera ngle etc BUT i am asking how to achieve
the graphical interface, in terms of creating an Expanding [or you could say revealing] sub-menu from a main menu.

Cheers
Dan

Hi Thuranius…

thanks for your effort.

however I have several issues

so, i create an onlclick event for my red widget on the UMG canvas and attempt to add the functions as you did, however I notice that a. the no of inputs of both the Create Dynamic MAterial instance and Set Vector Parameter Value are different, and B. aside from adding in my paint material to change, I am at a loss as to what to do with the ‘set vector parameter value’ parameter name and parameter value inputs [as they are different to yours].

In due course, your help would be much appreciated on how to display the Widgets on the HUD as you mention, however at the moment i have a bigger issue.
That is I created my project from a blank template and whenever i try to navigate within my scene using keyboard W, s, a, d, etc…my mesh seems to shoot off into the distance in a very drastic and uncontrollable way [please see attached].

video showing this here: https://youtu.be/ABaK5ZU1r5k

I have a player Start [which is showing ‘Bad Size’], but as yet have not defined a gamemode as im not sure on this either;) [it is wonderful software but quite daunting!]
I have seen videos where people set up keyboard bindings for a character such as this one: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMD-z2Xni8U] to be able to move around starting
with a blank template, but it seems strange i have the ability to navigate without issue in the editing viewport but not when in ‘play’ mode.

so many questions…