UMG and Online Subsystem Blueprint Example

This is awesome! I have been looking for a way to be able to find existing games (packaged instances running on other computers) via BP only. Does this only work through subsystems like Steam or would it also work for direct IP’s (have the IP’s that are currently hosting games show up)? It seems this is a bit of a grey area in blueprints which are otherwise completely capable of everything that I need to do, hopefully in the future there will be some server/connecting to other instance nodes, just like ShooterGame has in C++.

The only thing that does not seem to work for me now is joining a host… you click on the host it pauses a bit, then drops back to the main menu… hmm…

I have another system called IronCorgi, which can handle direct ip connections, although that project is a bit dated, but its super simple to fix.

Yeah, i’ve experienced this when i was messing with the server browser button widget. I’m not sure what i did to fix it.

I was trying to use break points and watching variables, specifically wanted to know what exactly was in ‘Result’ … but it doesn’t show that it ever actually is set to something…

Yeah, the Blueprint Session Result Structure ? It’s not breakable or view-able, since it is reference only. I think it just holds server ip/port, players, and the game map/mode.

I believe it’s c++ counter part is called FOnlineSessionSearchResult.

Ah… Well, I have gone over the video the developers did showing their example. While they do not show enough, I think I get the idea, and am working on some state setting stuff to try and duplicate what they have done. It is going better than I thought so far… Will share for sure when done if it all works.

@ Crashing Issue. Try deleting the intermediate and Saved folders. I’ve had that issue before and that appeared to resolve it.

Is there documentation on what comes out of the ‘find session’ in terms of the array?

I don’t think so, but it’s just an array of Blueprint Session Result Structure References.

Yeah I figured that structure thing out. I think I have it connecting. Well, it doesn’t error out… and watching the BP in action shows it doing the right thing. But the connecting machine just get’s a black screen. Ugh…

SaxonRah, here is the version of this that I put together based on what I could see from that twitch stream.

Thanks man, you’re awesome