ULocalizer

[FONT=Arial Black]ULocalizer - 1.0 beta 3

Repository on
The app requires .NET Framework 4.5
Download

Hello. I’m starting work on app that may help developers make the process of localization a bit easier. Please, let me know if it is really necessary for developers community.
Advices are definitely welcome!

If you are not familiar with localization process in Unreal Engine 4, check out documentation page
Just for test create any blueprint and add FText variable(NSLOCTEXT for C++), save it and follow the steps below.

Getting started

• When the app is started, click on menu File -> New Project.
  • Choose the path to editor (example: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe).
  • Choose the path to project (example: D:\Dev\Games\DevEnv\DevEnv.uproject).
  • Localization project name will be generated according to selected .uproject file. If you don’t want to have the same name, feel free to change it :slight_smile:
  • Basically, you will use UTF-8 encoding most of the time, but other encodings are also supported.
  • If you want to change the location of generated localization files, Source and Destination paths fields is what you need.
  • Click Create and wait until files will be generated, then you are ready to go. Don’t forget to click on Project -> Build to generate updated localization data for ue4 after changes.

Automatic translation usage

• Go to Yandex Translate API
  • Click on “Get a free API key”
  • If you don’t have an account there, first it will ask you to create such one, then you can access API key request.
  • Agree with terms and click “Get API key” and copy the presented key string.
  • Open ULocalizer, go to Settings (right corner of the app) and paste previously copied API key, restart the app.
  • That’s it, you’re ready to go! Open your project and choose(buttons near build & show console) what you would like to translate: whole project, selected language, selected node or selected items.

Development

• Spell checking (for other languages)
  • Regions support
  • .po files support
  • Optional automatic translation using Yandex Translate API or similar
  • Advanced node parser
  • Advanced config parser
  • Advanced settings (localization steps and other options)
  • UI and general functionality improvements
  • App settings (choose theme, set default values and etc.)

Red - Development is not started yet
Orange - In development
Blue - Almost done
Green - Done

Thanks for attention :slight_smile:

Great work!!! Thank you :smiley:

very interesting tool

Update 1.0 beta

Updated to 1.0 beta - [SIZE=4]Download](https://…com/open?id=0B1d2oXbhCg1nbFFLTzZDbnlxTTA&authuser=0)[/SIZE]

What’s new:

• Regions support (not all, but most of it)
  • Spell checking for English, French, German, and Spanish
  • MahApps.Metro UI
  • Advanced properties window

Hahaha. Can you believe me if I tell you that I was going to suggest to implement the MahApps WPF style? XD

Yes, I will x)
MahApps is cool :slight_smile:

Yes, that definitely IS what I’ll be needing.

Good job. I’ll be monitoring this thread.

Keep out from their Icon Resource, it will make crash your project at every run :wink:

Thank you. Changed icons source in dev branch, tomorrow will merge it with master with more updates.

Update 1.0 beta 2

Updated to 1.0 beta 2 - [SIZE=4]Download](https://…com/open?id=0B1d2oXbhCg1nV3Q5d3c2U0VwUk0&authuser=0)[/SIZE]

e324688cec8200d87f928b121e90fe94525049e2.png

What’s new:

• Optional automatic translation(access using buttons near build & show console) for:

• Whole project

• Selected language

• Selected node

• Selected items

• Option to set defaults(access using buttons near translation) for:

• Selected language

• Selected node

• Selected item

• Console improvements

• Few fixes and general improvements

Automatic translation usage

• Go to Yandex Translate API

• Click on “Get a free API key”

• If you don’t have an account there, first it will ask you to create such one, then you can access API key request.

• Agree with terms and click “Get API key” and copy the presented key string.

• Open ULocalizer, go to Settings (right corner of the app) and paste previously copied API key, restart the app.

• That’s it, you’re ready to go! Open your project and choose(buttons near build & show console) what you would like to translate: whole project, selected language, selected node or selected items.

This is awesome! Thanks!

Update 1.0 beta 3

Updated to 1.0 beta 3 - [SIZE=4]Download]()[/SIZE]

14-12-18_349610525.jpg
Tomako to everyone :3

What’s new:

• Full regions support
  • .po files support
  • Advanced node parser
  • Advanced config processing
  • Added source language property
  • Unused culture folders now will be deleted after build
  • General improvements

is this project a life ?
if yes, can you integrate arabic to .po ?