UI widget causes top down controller to break

I am having an issue where after closing a UI widget, the top down controller breaks. It will allow me to move the character one more time, but releasing the mouse then makes it so it will not move again.

Even more strange is if I click both mouse buttons the character will move again. I only have one mouse button bound so I have no idea why pressing both mouse buttons works.

Edit: I’ve also noticed that opening and closing the widget will allow the character to click to move, but only once. After character has made one move, it breaks again.

It seems there is an issue with using Set Input Mode Game Only and UI Only.
When switching back from UI Only to Game only, it only works for one Click to Move, after that it appears to switch back to UI Only.

Further research has lead me to believe that the top down controller can not work after setting input to Game Mode Only due to needing the UI to enable click to move.

Please show us some of your setup. It is really hard to tell what the issue might be without seeing some Blueprints or code.

I used this website to share the blueprint. You can see at the ends of the is valid and is not valid trees, there are game mode inputs that are not connected. The reason is because I had to make a slight workaround that set a variable to turn off the ability to move character when the inventory widget was open. Switching from UI mode, back to game mode, breaks the unreal topdown character movement controller. I also tried to use the Game and UI, and while it sort of works it has a issue of breaking part of the controller but not all of it.

Okay, so you say you set the InputMode to ‘UIonly’ when you open the inventory widget and then back to ‘GameOnly’ when closing the menu, correct?

You should also make sure that you remove the inventory widget from the viewport or canvas. I can so far only see that you add the inventory widget.

That’s correct yes. To remove the widget I used the “Remove from Parent” function. Is that not sufficient? It does visibly remove the widget in game and gives control back to the player, yet only for one one move. After I click to move once it fails afterwards.