UI Toggle Pausing Game... Permanently

Hi, I have my pause menu working, however, I want to add a facet to my menu where it will pause the outside of the menu. The menu does not take up the entirety of the screen, and I would like the paused game to be in the background (instead of the game continuing to run in the background).

A few options I’ve thought of and found no answers:

• The player character simply stops taking input; however, it will receive input again once the screen is unpaused
  • Using ‘Set Game Paused’ which has rendered the game pause-able but unable to turn off the pause
  • Simply allowing the pause screen to be up while the player character still takes input and can move around- my last option because it will start to interfere with interaction systems.

Below is my blueprint WITHOUT using ‘Set Game Paused’. I’ve tried to use that repeatedly, but it seems to never allow me to ‘unpause’ the game. Are there any other options for solutions without entirely giving up on the notion that the game can be paused while in this screen and then unpaused?

Additionally I cannot get ‘Set Input to Game Only’ to work on the Open Menu function. It only will respond if it is Game and UI, but I believe that is because I have an overarching UI screen atop everything (for adding in UI in general).

1 Like

After ‘set game paused’, you need the blueprint that is going to fix this set to ‘tick even when paused’ :slight_smile:

Oh my god excellent thank you so much for your help!

If anyone else finds this; that is here (Execute when paused):

1 Like