UEFN - Unable to Play - Validation Failed - SSL or SSH was not OK

I have latest libcurl

C:\Windows\system32>curl --version
curl 8.7.1 (Windows) libcurl/8.7.1 Schannel zlib/1.3 WinIDN
Release-Date: 2024-03-27…

So, good on that front.

I have been using UEFN with a free VPN running, and with the VPN running, I never have issues.

After a break I came back to my desktop machine and decided to try using UEFN without vpn on, and by luck its one of those times where everything is working without issues. I suspect it is using some IP address of an Epic Content server that is other than the two IP address I get in the logs when things do not work:
54.80.152.46:443
or
34.199.183.70:443

I will need to turn on some type of network logging to check on the details of when it does work, to see what IP address it is working with when it does work. Not sure how to do that yet. Ideally I could turn on verbose HTTP log within UEFN itself, but I don’t know if that is possible.

1 Like

I had two full days of it working fine with no issues, then today the issue has returned.
The project sticks at 36% for a long time, connection to the content server fails and it eventually loads the project (from local disk?) and can edit and save, but then trying to Launch session to test never works “Failed to sync project info with content service. Error: Connection to the server failed.”

Another Question: Do people that work at Epic games read the forums? Its been like a week since I started posting about this issue but I have no feedback from Epic. I even tagged them in a previous update, but haven’t seen any reply yet.

If anyone knows how to turn on verbose HTTP logging so I can view when things work successfully, I really think I could get to the bottom of the issue. …or perhaps someone knows what are all the possible content server ip address that might be used, then I could send that info to my ISP o have them check if for some reason some IP range is being blocked.

hi @Gamested ,
The file C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini
Control + f to find Core.Log
add LogHttp=veryverbose

line 1289

[Core.Log]

LogHttp=veryverbose

[Core.System]

This should work, but cannot test lack of time