UEFN Collision Presets and Editability

An issue I have come across is that when the user changes the collision presets of the static mesh component, in the details panel, to “No Collision”, this function doesn’t work. It will consistently revert back to FortBuildingMeshPhysics, or whatever setting it has by default. This is an issue specific to Fortnite props. Custom assets being imported to UEFN are not affected by this.

Is this a function that can be changed for future use? When creating a world where the player is small and the models are larger than normal, the collision needs to be changed because many objects, such as a table and chairs, have a simple box collision (referring to fortnite assets) and a player can’t move under these objects as a result. If this function could be implemented, then the user can use blocking volumes to create their own collision, if changing the mesh’s collision is never an option.

Hello! :slight_smile: We are looking into this!

1 Like

Just want to note that Im still experiencing the above. Turning a UEFN objects collision from FortBuildingMeshPhysics to WaterBodyCollision. It does not reflect those physical “water” properties and then revers to FBMP. (March 2024)

You can set the collision preset to spectator which is what worked for me when i wanted no collision.