Just starting to make the switch from Unity due to a new job, working though the Packt Publishing quick start guide by Rachel Cordone. Not a deal breaker, but getting a small issue.
I’m creating a new C++ class, and in the BeginPlay() method, just below the Super::BeginPlay() call I’m adding the following line:
UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("OUR C++ CLASS IS WORKING!"));
However, it’s not firing in the output console.
What I’ve tried so far to rectify this solution:
- Tried changing the verbosity to ‘Error’.
- Tried changing the catergory to LogActor.
- Making sure that all messages, warnings, errors (Sepcifically the LogTemp) are all selected.
- Delete the C++ class and try to rebuild it to make sure that the compiler wasn’t bugged.
- The above caused issues so I redid the whole project from scratch (30-60mins work) and backed up before proceeding.
- Tried running in the viewport windows and in a new player/
- Adding the same message into the constructor.
None of these attempted workarounds have worked.
Does anyone know why the Log system might not be firing?
I’m hesitant to proceed without the log system working as I’ve found it invaluable when working in Unity for bug testing (not yet started Unit Testing)
I apologise if this is a totally noob issue. I appreciate any and all replies. Many thanks.
EDIT: I’m using Version 4.22.3-7053642+++UE4+Release-4.22