UE5 Tracking in nDisplay problem

Hi Guys!

I’m having the following issue: I’m trying to set up a small studio with a projector and ndisplay.
nDisplay is working perfectly and the tracking is working perfectly when I am in the UE5 editor. I have made a CineCam actor and a CamActor which are connected, and I see perfect frustum tracking in the editor. As soon as I launch an ndisplay with switchboard there is no tracking and the frustum is not moving.

Waiting on any suggestions on how can I fit it. Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Hey! Have the same problem. In UE4.27 there are many tutorials how to integrate tracking in nDisplay. But there you also hear that it doesn’t work in UE5.
In UE4 you can include tracking in nDisplay config File, but in UE5 there is no nDisplay config file but a UAsset file. I don’t know how to open and configure this file.
If someone has a tip how to get tracking into UE5 and nDisplay I would be very happy.

Thanks a lot!

For tracking with nDisplay, you need to add a LivelInkController to your nDisplay asset and tell it which component of your nDisplay component is tracked.

Hope this helps!

Checking back in on this problem as just adding a live link controller does not automatically fix the problem with nDisplay not showing the real time camera tracking. I have seen several people with this issue described in several different ways and yet not a solid solution has been presented.

As of Unreal 5, there is currently no such launcher available. Instead, you can install and use a switchboard.

If you set the switchboard and turn it on and off, the icon will disappear.

Then unreal->Engine->plugins? Runtime-> switchboard or whatever, there is switchboard.bat after that path, you can run it with administrator privileges.

Regarding switchboard ndisplay, you can find the video.

This will complete the nDisplay integration.
There seems to be a video related to switchboard and ndisplay interworking on YouTube, so you should find it. Usually, after downloading the switchboard, if you turn on unreal, there are cases where all of them are blocked from the problem that disappears. These problems can be solved with the above.
Be sure to remember to run the unreal installation file path, not the bat installed on the desktop.