UE5 Starter Car Won't Drive

I’m on UE 5.2. I am in the 1st person template and imported the cars into my project. I haven’t changed ANYTHING, yet it won’t even drive, even when possessed.
What do I do?

Hey @Villager-13!

Just to double check, do you have chaos vehicles enabled in your plugins? Do you get any errors when trying to open the vehicle blueprints? Do the vehicles work on the vehicle demo level?

Any additional information you provide may go a long way in solving your problem.

one thing is just to enable chaos vehicle and then again add vehicle template to your project and then another thing would be as enhanced input system is used then use relevant or simply change player controller to the vehicle player controller

I have the plug-in enabled, there are no errors when I possess it, and yes it does work on the car template.

I have everything else, how would I do this?

Hey @Villager-13,

If it works in the demo level then it should work after posessing it. Would you mind sharing the blueprints you have so far? In the meantime, check out this community tutorial that achieves the goal you are looking for:

That is the exact video I am trying. The car just won’t drive inside my level. Fresh car, unedited, possessed in player 0, it won’t drive.

Hey @Villager-13!

Looks like this may be an ongoing thing in 5.1+ due to mapping context. Check out this solution from another thread that may be what you need:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.