UE5 Source Code Compile Error

Hey, I am already trying to compile UE5 from Source Code for about 5 days now.
I always fail while compiling and google searches couldn’t help me.

After compiling UE5 using VS 2022, I get that it failed without any errors, after that trying to start it with a new Instance I get the following error:

1>Building 6 actions with 2 processes...
1>[1/6] Compile Module.ORT.cpp
1>C:\Users\GIIIPFEL\Desktop\SurvivalGameEngine\Engine\Plugins\Experimental\NeuralNetworkInference\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Development\ORT\Module.ORT.cpp(38): fatal error C1083: file (Include) can't be opened: "../Plugins/Experimental/NeuralNetworkInference/Source/ThirdParty/ONNXRuntime_2021_11_18/Private_DML/Windows/core/providers/dml/DmlExecutionProvider/src/Operators/DmlOperatorLocalResponseNormalization.cpp": No such file or directory
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: Der Befehl "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UnrealEditor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" stopped with Code 6.
1>The creation of the project "UE5.vcxproj" has finnished -- ERROR.
========== created: 0 successfully, 1 error, 3 current, 0 skipped ==========

Sorry if the texts are a bit different, I had to translate them from German into English, because I forgot to change languages.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings GIIIPFEL!

We see that this is your first time posting in our forums! :medal_sports: We’re SO elated to welcome you to the Unreal Engine Community!

We’re sorry that you are having issues compiling the Source Code. One of the great things about sharing the issues you are having is that others have also gone through the same thing or something similar. I’ve found a discussion about this same issue here. Please consider reading through it and discovering if it sheds light on the compilation problem you’re experiencing. Let us know if it helps! Thank you for being an important part of our growing community! :muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. By using ue5-early-access instead of ue5-main has fixed it!

1 Like