[UE5 Short Film] Remembrance

Hello fellow film makers,

I have finished my short film in UE5 and would like to share it with you.

Remembrance Short Film

My focus in this movie was on storytelling with emotional and intellectual impact. My experiment was to use UE for more intimate and subtle storytelling instead of action scenes with explosions. I think this is only possible if the character animations are decent and believable. So, most of my time went there. I think this is the next frontier of realism for Unreal after EPIC solved character creation with the MetaHumans.

The inspiration for the story came from the romantic poem “Intimation of Immortality” by William Wordsworth. I have always been moved by it and wanted to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for watching.

Let me know what you think!

Artstation Profile

Hey @AndreasSing,

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful, emotional creation on the Unreal Forums! I feel it’s safe to say you captured the essence of William Wordsworth’s “Intimation of Immortality” perfectly.

With Remembrance, I say your experiment illustrating a more intimate and subtle story within UE was a success. I am looking forward to seeing more short film projects from you in the future! :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

@Zezkaii Thank you for your kind words. I am looking forward to continuing creating visual poetry with Unreal Engine. I am eagerly waiting for a workflow to bring custom clothes to characters from Marvelous Designer or other software packages to UE5. Once this is available, I will be able to finish my other projects.

Many thanks again to you and to Epic for UE5 and all the free resources and support!

No problem at all, I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us! How many other projects are you waiting to complete? Will they be short films as well?

Thank you again for sharing your awesome work. :sunglasses: :+1: