UE5 Retargeting - No Animation Assets in Retargeting Asset Browser

Hello! I am currently trying to create an Animation Retarget in Unreal Engine 5. I have already created my IK-rigs for all of my characters, and should be ready for retargeting! There is just one issue - I can’t access any of my animations from the Animation Retargeting Editor!

I have already verified that I have reset all filters within the content browser (Though if anyone would like to correct me, feel free to prove me wrong! I would love to be wrong for the sake of a problem solved.)
I have already checked the “asset” tab to look for asset import options. “Find in Content Browser” (Ctrl + B shortcut) looked promising, but would not respond when clicked, or when called via “Ctrl + B”.
I have already attempted to drag & drop assets into the Retargeting Asset Browser.
I have already attempted Copying & Pasting my animation files into the same location as my Retargeting file.

What else do you recommend that I do? Is there anyone that has experienced this issue? I am willing to provide my file for testing if requested. Thank you!!!Hello! I am currently trying to create an Animation Retarget in Unreal Engine 5. I have already created my IK-rigs for all of my characters, and should be ready for retargeting! There is just one issue - I can’t access any of my animations from the Animation Retargeting Editor!

I have already verified that I have reset all filters within the content browser (Though if anyone would like to correct me, feel free to prove me wrong! I would love to be wrong for the sake of a problem solved.)
I have already checked the “asset” tab to look for asset import options. “Find in Content Browser” (Ctrl + B shortcut) looked promising, but would not respond when clicked, or when called via “Ctrl + B”.
I have already attempted to drag & drop assets into the Retargeting Asset Browser.
I have already attempted Copying & Pasting my animation files into the same location as my Retargeting file.

What else do you recommend that I do? Is there anyone that has experienced this issue? I am willing to provide my file for testing if requested. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I believe you have to select the animations that you want to retarget in the content browser and right click and select retarget anim assets> duplicate anim assets and retarget

2 Likes

@Humanasset This would work - however, the trouble is, I cannot reach the new UE5 “Animation Retargeting Editor” from this window!

Is there a way to reach the retargeting editor from the “Duplicate and Retarget Animation Assets” pop-up?

Well, sorry to say I’m still using 4.26.2 so I’m not too sure…

I too am having this same problem. Were you able to figure out the problem?

I believe you should check the Import Animations chekbox when you import fbx file to your project:

use the old version UE4 character , the 5version UE4 mannequin can`t use old version animations , try use the mesh from AnimStarterPack , should work.

1 Like

I have the same issue and your answer is correct, for some reason the UE4 manny in UE5 is not compatible for the engine with anomations build for the UE4 Manny in UE4 :smiley:

The animation pack i wanted to retarget included the UE4 one and once this is selected as the source IKRig Asset the animation showed up.