UE5 Quixel Bridge and launch on device issue

Hey,

I’m a total beginner in game dev and unreal engine. I tried to use the megascans library and it mostly works as intended, but there’s one issue that keeps me awake at night.

Here’s how my example project looks when I run it in editor, launch on device (windows) with cooking on the fly or package it in any configuration:

And here’s the results of using the “launch on device” without cooking on the fly:

As you can see, the megascans materials/textures are darker/different (the rest of assets, i.e. from starter packages are ok; it’s not an exposure issue).

Additionally, there are multiple errors showing up in output log when launching on the device without cooking on the fly. These errors look like this (but there are more of them):

LogPlayLevel: Error: [2022.09.26-07.19.38:083][ 0]LogPackageName: Error: GetLocalBaseFilenameWithPath: Failed converting package name “/Bridge/MSPresets/MSTextures/WhitePlaceholder” to file name
LogPlayLevel: Error: [2022.09.26-07.19.38:083][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: Couldn’t find file for package /Bridge/MSPresets/MSTextures/WhitePlaceholder requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Bridge/MSPresets/MSTextures/WhitePlaceholder
LogPlayLevel: Error: [2022.09.26-07.19.38:083][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: This will hitch streaming because it ends up searching the disk instead of finding the file in the pak file.
LogPlayLevel: Error: [2022.09.26-07.19.38:083][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: Found 1 dependent packages…
LogPlayLevel: Error: [2022.09.26-07.19.38:083][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: /Game/MSPresets/M_MS_Decal_Material/M_MS_Decal_Material

The issue occurrs on clean UE 5.0.3 installation, also with starter or empty projects.
I’m counting on your help.

I have the same issue, did you ever find a fix for this?

Hello, I discovered a solution, but first of all I’m using google translate, I’m still learning English.
In my Output I noticed some errors, and they had the message:
LogPlayLevel: Error: UAT: 01-28 12:00:15.779 32701 2654 D UE : [2024.01.28-15.00.15:779][ 0]LogStreaming: Error: Couldn’t find file for package /Bridge/MSPresets/MSTextures /WhitePlaceholder requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Bridge/MSPresets/MSTextures/WhitePlaceholder

And I discovered that some textures and even functions have the path to the plugin folder, you can see by checking the show plugin content option in the Content Browser. To resolve:
Quixel also creates the files at the base of the game, in /Game/, so just point the textures and functions to the location of your game, generally the textures with errors are in the parent material, the parent material is in your texture in the option General, I changed the textures and functions on it and it worked.
Maybe I’ll open a topic on how to remove this error in more detail, if you have questions or something isn’t clear, ask and I’ll try to respond as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Can you help with images I am also facing this problem