UE5 Packaged game won't launch (Win)

Hello! Im having some issues getting my packaged build to actually open. The output log only shows a few warnings related to some empty arrays in some blueprints and no errors.

I tried packing both a dev build and a shipping build with the same results, cooking only 2 maps that are required for my testing and double checking other package settings.

I’m at a loss, any ideas?

Here’s my latest “successful” output log: https://pastebin.com/CG1Y5xe9

Update: Testing to ship in development mode and opening the exe prints this to the log: “LogPluginManager: Error: Unable to load plugin ‘ContentBrowserAssetDataSource’. Aborting.”

Turns out the problem was caused by the Flat Nodes plugin. Disabling it fixed it.

3 Likes

I am also facing the same issue. I also packed the game with minor warnings and no errors and now the exe file is not opening at all ! I checked all my installed plugins and there is nothing called the flat nodes plugin !!

When I tried to Launch the game from the editor using, “Launch the game in this windows device” Then I got an error and it didn’t launch ! The error kinda looks like this:

Any Ideas on this ??

Hey there @ABHIJNANsaha! Welcome back to the community! You’ll have to see what the full exception was to get a bit more info on what actually failed in the level. You can find it where this output referenced:

Also to improve your odds of getting an answer I’d recommend starting a new thread with the full exception info since many users don’t return to (or look at) resolved threads.