UE5 Packaged Build Issue (Lyra Starter Project)

Hello.
I ran to an issue today. I tried google searching for it and could not find anything related to my issue.
Im running on Unreal Engine 5 on Windows using the Lyra Starter Project. I followed tutorials on how to create my own plugin for my own files and c++ classes.
Im getting an issue inside of a Blueprint saying one of the Actor Component attached to it is not valid on a package build. Works fine on Editor though. Do I need to include my c++ Teleporter Actor Component class somewhere? Why is this happening on packaged build only? I tried checking “Cook Everything” and build it many times to no avail.

More detailed info:
I have a blueprint and inside of it I attached an Actor Component, lets call it Teleporter. After attaching it I grab a “Get” reference of the Teleporter and drop it in the Event Graph and attach a “Is Valid?” node and print a string on the “Is Not Valid” part. When I package up the build and run it, I get an error saying that “Teleporter” is not Valid through the print node.

After testing further with more c++ files, its just failing to find the code files in the plugin I created. Anyone has come across this?

1 Like