UE5 Niagara Ribbon Problems

Hello, I have 2 problems with Niagara, maybe someone knows the answer.

1. I need the ribbons to spawn in the direction of the emitter. Currently the ribbons spawn rotation is locked to the world axis.

2. How can I have “dead trails” like in cascade? I tried to play around with “LinkOrder” but this doesnt seem to affect this. Currently I use the Spawnprobability 1 or 0 to toggle the ribbon. Everytime Spawnprobability goes from 0 to 1 the newsest ribbon connects to the old ribbon(dead trail).
    In this video I show both problems. Watch the skidmarks. (Sorry forgot to turn off the audio so pay attention.)

Okay, I found out how to set the orientation of the ribbon.

Now I need to know how to cut dead trails of so new trails do not connect to them.

Found a solution for the other problem to. I simply change the RibbonID in code everytime I stop the particle spawn.

1 Like

hey im facing the same issue . can you please explain how you managed to set a new RibbonID . i just cant find anything in the documentation .thanks in advance

Yes you wont find it anywhere. The parameter is called RibbonID. You can set it in the Niagara System.

thks , i ll give it a try .