UE5 metahuman no texture? Please help!

Hi so i’ve downloaded my metahuman and followed all the steps but once I import it - it shows an all white person? I’ve attatched a picture of what it’s supposed to look like. Please help!

Hi there,
It seems to be an unusual bug.
After adding it to your project, did you restarted the project after the prompt message told you to do so, or you’ve skipped?
Does it appear like this inside the Character Blueprint? Also, open the Skeletal Mesh editor and check the materials directly in the materials folder.

Sometimes just restarting the project would fix this type of issue.

Yes i restarted the project after the prompt! It also looks like this in the blueprint too.

Try with other metahumans.
Perhaps you want to submit a bug report to the Epic team.

Let’s see what other devs recommend.

I created a duplicate and it happened twice :confused: Do you know where I can submit?

Let’s ask help to the moderators. Perhaps @SupportiveEntity may guide us how to report an issue found in the metahuman creator?

1 Like

Thanks @L.F.A, and hey @acegxd! So before we go to submit the bug, let’s do a bit of troubleshooting to see exactly where MHC is failing. Judging from how the model looks it’s probably a bug with the materials being generated or attached.

So first off, after importing the character, do the materials themselves look discolored or malformed like on the model? If so, are the textures also distorted?

2 Likes

yes it looks like all the textures are distorted - this is the blueprint here ! @SupportiveEntity

Thanks, that helps a ton. This shows us that the MHC is generating materials in some way incorrectly and it’s not so much the engine itself causing this. Now where the hard part comes. For UE side issues we have the bug report site, but for MHC side issues, their bug report is in the MHC editor itself. Problem is I’m not sure if that’ll end up to the right team, I think it’s for reporting issues with the editor site but not the back end. To access it, while in the MHC editor just hit feedback on the right side. Since it makes you take a pic of the issue in editor it doesn’t help much. Since there’s no way to access the backend team bug submissions for MH, we either submit it here or on the unreal bug report side. Either way it would require your info and email attached if they need to followup on the report.

chrome_2022-08-11_19-52-45

1 Like

Thanks for the help! Hopefully they answer haha