UE5 MetaHuman Mars Travel

im working on this using 4 metahuman and some character from Daz3D to show the story about travel between earth and outer space, i tried in Unreal 4 but man i really really don’t like how the lighting works there so moving to Unreal 5 now. Control Rig is great and also use combination with mocap

Style: Realistic Cinematic

MH char template that will be used, all BP forced to fixed LOD 1

Hey @rikirisn,

Hope you’re doing well!
This is looking great so far. Is this planned to be a movie/video or something else entirely?
I’ve always been fascinated by metahuman character models and how customizable they are. You’ve done a spectacular job displaying that customization and I’m so genuinely impressed by your work.

Please keep sharing your project as it develops and thanks so much for sharing it on the Unreal Engine Forums.
-Panda

Thanks Panda hope you’re doing well too :slight_smile: , this is trailer cinematic and the duration will be 2mins, 1 mins on earth and 1 mins on mars… up above still using flat lighting and the coloring while testing sequencer with multi mocap on MH from free version of ActorCore that’s showing up in UE marketplace

this case also stress test my gtx 1060 is this enough to handle 4 Metahuman with other chars

1 Like

body rigging and mocap from mixamo with metahuman head

1 Like

Half way there… target is 2minutes

my 6gb gtx almost give up, so i downgrade all metahuman texture to 2k, now its not complain too much about video texture overload… i think 12gb vram is a must if we want highest quality with 8k texture

ue5 is OK for cinematic projects, not crash too much and still usable

2 Likes