UE5 Lidar PointCloud! I need to reimport pointcloud data every time I open the project

As same to the topic. I’m using the UE5.2 and It’s everything be ok on import Pointcloud(.pts) . And I found every time I closed the project and next time I open it, the data got be something wrong, it’s invisible . And I need to reimport to the content to be visible.

Do anyone have the same problem? Please teach me how to fix it .Thanks
(Same problem in 5.0/5.1)

5 Likes

Hey ! I have exactly the same problem lol, tried some things with packing and everything but I really believe that the problem comes from the addon itself… I second you on this issue, hope you’ll get a answer quickly.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue with my point clouds. I am hoping that there is a solution

1 Like

Having the same issue as well. No idea whats causing it. Tried different settings aswell as a different test file from the internet every time i re open it its just like this weird box going on a line in every direction. Aswell as i dont get any options like what is shown in the documentation. Hopefully someone comes allong that knows this issue.

1 Like

The other way to import the pointclouds by blueprint, It solved the problem but also cause more problems.

(How the blueprint works?)
Every times you start the game it will import the data from your setting.

In conclusion.Not work,but it’s a new way to try to fix the problem.

What the Fxxx. There’s no Problems in Unreal 5.03(Lidar Plugin ver 0.8)
How about you guys?

same problem here. Using UE 5.2.1 Any solutions yet ??

1 Like

Not yet !

Same issue here!

I have the same issue. Any solutions yet? The only way to make the point cloud show again is to delete it and reimport it, but this of course also deletes all work done.

I also have another issue with LiDAR Point Cloud Support plugin not working at all on a Mac (no difference if enabled or disabled, it doesn’t recognise point cloud files), but working fine on Windows. Also on Unreal 5.2.1…

Hey it works properly with 5.3.0 !
Once I closed UE and reopened it, it was saved successfully.
(It didn’t work with 5.2.1 )

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. Every time I save and open project strange cross x pattern (displayed above). I just update to 5.3.0 and still same issue…

What I found strange, is no matter what version of unreal it seems to not want to load point cloud file (.pts). the engine just freezes. However if I change RHI to driectx11 it works… or at least loads. but still the issue of it displaying all weird.

any solution would be great!

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. ALSO WHEN I TRY TO PACKET MY PROJECT, ALL POINT CLOUD DISAPPREARD. HOPE THAT SOME ONE CAN HELP ME FIX IT. THANK YOU.

I had the same problem and found this thread while looking for a solution… :confused:

The developer of the LIDAR plugin provided this fix for the issue. I haven’t tried the fix myself because I used a different work around, but it might be of use to some of you guys.

Download link for the fix: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiEFi23VGv4stqZqqZ0trODfGA86QQ?e=aPbkhh

Link to the discord message: Discord

I tried it; it’s working for now. When I downloaded it, I changed the plugin’s name (Cloud2) and put it in my plugin folder. And I enabled this one and the default one.