UE5 + Intel Arc Alchemist graphics card any ideas

UE5 + Intel Arc Alchemist graphics card any ideas,
see-ing as the shortage of gpu’s and price hikes maybe a third option is the way to go.

would replace my old 960 for a 3050 but even the retailers aren’t holding the nvidia prices.
3050 atm in germany 450 euros, nvidia quoted $250 start price !!!

I think that starting with the Iris Xe integrated graphics, Intel has been a great low-end graphics choice, and Intel Arc Alchemist is only going to make it better.

The issue with using Intel graphics with UE5 is that many of the new features don’t work, nor will they be implemented any time soon.
Nanite does not work on Intel graphics and there is no fallback.
Frequently, features like Atmospheric Fog result in rainbows and graphical glitches (driver issues)

Thanks for the input, i’m well aware the intergrated graphics won’t hold up but i’m more interested if any one has had the chance to test an ARC card with UE5.

Nvidia card are still over priced here so its just a case of wait and see.

Ok bump time, at last Intel are releasing the ARC graphics card, has anyone had the chance to try one with UE5

I’d also be interested in this,
As far as I could tell Nanite/Lumen should work if it’s not explicitly disabled in UE since it’s just DX12?
Lumen hardware raytracing is a maybe but it ideally should be just the DXR spec wich is supposed to be supported on ARC.
Would love to hear any experience with UE5+ARC.

10 months later still not on sale here in Germany, no idea what Intel is planning with these cards, spec and price don’t equal team green, basically i see no need the buy a card with no record when for the same money you can get a card/chip which you know will work.

shame no feed back from epic devs/users, but saying that i didn’t get an answer from the Intel ARC discord channel either !!!

I found some demos on arc A770 with UE5

We have it in stores in Hungary but in the end don’t think I’ll be getting one.
The only reason I was interested is the raytracing performance/price.
I’ll probably just get the 4080 however bad the value is and stick with it for as long as my 1080ti which I still use.

1 Like

Thanks for that link, very interesting, found an A770 on amazon.de (Germany) cost more than a RTX3060, so thats pretty much out the window for Intel, i’ll wait till June and look to get a 4060 when that comes out.

1 Like

Does it now support wor in Nanite/Lumen

Hi,
Recently I bought Arc A770, It’s works great for UE5.1,

Nanite & Lumen works, Path Tracer works.

I am running Windows 11 BTW.

Any Question, Just ask.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and first hand report, that ARC cards work with UE5, personnaly i’ve waited this long so i’ll wait a few more months for a 4060

Hello,

Thank you for taking questions. I have a few myself.

1. Are you using the 16GB variant of the Arc A770?
  2. When using Lumen: was it based on software or hardware ray tracing?
  3. How would you describe the performance of Nanite and Lumen, as well as general workflows using the viewport?
  4. How does the A770 compare to your last GPU in regard to Unreal Engine?

Hello Colin,

1: Yes.
2: Both are work.
3: For me, I think it’s really smooth.
4: I used gtx 1660 before, tbh much better than that.

Hi YUQING,

Thank you for answering. What other software do you use with Unreal Engine 5? Do they also run well on your Arc card?

Does anyone tried GPU Lightmass? Is it working good?

Hey YUQING, I am looking to get into unreal 5 development, im confused between buying a 3070 and an a770 since the latter one has more vram. Can you share your experience with the a770 after latest update?

That was awesome for my needs. And I have released a video using Matrix City Demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT8ciBQMYuI

And my needs are entirely game development for now. No Ray Tracing work heads. So yeah I will recomend it to use in UE 5+ versions. For 4.27 I have figured out to run in RHI DX12 only since ARC GPU are based on DX12 based.

1 Like

Does ue 5 ray tracing work on it?

Yes ofcourse. But don’t compete performance with nVidia RTX cards with those beefy cuda cores

It can be said that A770 performs well in any version of the Unreal Engine.