[UE5]How to combine static meshes into a single actor with multiple static mesh components?

I’ve done this before. I have such an actor in my project. I just can’t remember how I did it. I want to take about 100 static meshes (a house) and put them all together into a single actor where each static mesh is now a static mesh component. I don’t want to combine into a single mesh. I don’t want to use instancing. There used to be a way to do this and there were two different kinds of combining. I don’t remember what they were. I do know one of them just created static mesh components from the current selection. I can’t find that tool anymore. Anyone know where it is? It is NOT Merge Actors. I want what “Batch” does in Merge Actors, but to static mesh components, not instances.

Any help?

Hi AlienRenders,

You can do that with the “Convert Selection to Blueprint Class” command in the Blueprint menu.

I’ve also got a plugin in the marketplace that does that with more options (rdBPtools) - but the “Convert to Blueprint” will do what you’ve just described.

1 Like

AH!!! Thank you. There it is. I keep forgetting about those icons.

2 Likes