UE5 hangs every couple of seconds before or after a mouse click

Hi,
I’ve been using UE5 for a couple of weeks now building a few levels. But recently seemingly out of nowhere, UE5 will hang for a few seconds before or after an action. For example, if I click a drop down, or highlight an object in the outliner it may freeze take a couple of seconds for click to register. On the other side, sometimes I’ll perform an action like drag a mesh across the scene and once I release my left mouse button it will freeze for a few seconds then resume as normal.

Up to this past week I hadn’t had any problems like this with UE5 and am wondering if I’m the only one. I’ve tried other projects as well, and the problem occurs there as well. I also tried UE 4.27 and no issues there either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Mike

Software Version - UE 5.0.0 Early Access 2
Computer specs:
Windows 10 (Up to date on updates)
64 GB Ram @ 3200mhz
Nvidia RTX 3090
AMD Ryzen 5950x (Not currently overclocked)
OS Running on 512 GB NVME M.2 SSD

Maybe it’s a specific feature such as Lumen or Ray Tracing? Just thinking since I don’t have RTX and you do. Something that might be enabled in all projects you’ve tried.

@Astaraa - Thanks for the feedback. I’m still not sure what was causing it but I decided to take the brute force route and try to uninstall and reinstall UE5. As luck would have it, that seemed to work! Still not sure why the problems arose out of nowhere but a clean install did the trick. Hope that helps anyone else who runs into this issue.

Ah, I just disabled the GraphN plugin and Houdini Engine plugin and now it works fine again. Didn’t test which one was the problem but will post if I enable one later.

1 Like

Yeah I’m having the same problem. Everytime I try to move an object the mouse freezes for a second, and the UE5ea APP hands for like 10 seconds (but I can start using the mouse in other apps. New to UE so not sure what setting might be the culprit.

Do you have a ryzen cpu?