UE5 - Getting a head start?

Hi everyone,

As you know, the UE5 demo came out where they claim that there will be no polygon or draw call limit and that it’ll be backwards compatible with UE4. I already have a game that I’m working on and I’ll eventually want to move to UE5 once it comes out to take advantage of all that, I was just wondering if there’s any information out there that would help me get a head start.

I.e. If I’ll just be able to import the high poly meshes of my objects right into the engine? How will buildings work?

Is there any kind of pipeline or information out there to get a head start?

Thanks! :smiley:

All we have right now are just speculations, this video sums it kinda up.

There is nothing, you will know when everyone else knows. They are keeping things tightly sealed.

Well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. :yum:

It’s all speculation at this point. Other than the unveil video from months ago, nothing is known.

The only thing I can say for certain, UE5 will not be available anytime soon. Currently 1.26 is the stable release with 1.27 to hit the shelves within the next few weeks/months. I’m speculating UE5 Preview will likely hit the shelves near the end of the year.

At the moment, just continue using 1.26 (or 1.27 when released). I’ll hold off planning on using UE5 until 2022.

Try not to depend on it.
Changing something to a new version will be tricky and there will be a lot of issues to deal with. So, don’t depend on it.

Anyway, UE4 is filled with a lot of goodies. Focus on your game & when it’s time, move to UE5.

1 Like