Ue5 game dev on linux?

After using UE5 in Linux for weeks, I had to go back to UE5 in windows a few weeks ago, mainly because it was more stable on Windows and also because I miss some features in Linux (Live coding for instance).
And also because some plugins are windows compatible only (dungeon architect for instance)

1 Like

Has anybody tried to work in UE5 editor in VM with GPU passthrough?

Iā€™ve also thought about this kind of solution on linuxā€¦but Iā€™ve not even been able to have a good and easy working GPU passthrough solutionā€¦ so not sure itā€™s possible

Full Unreal Engine 5.0.3 Linux Download (Binary-zip) Linux - Unreal Engine

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM

• Ubuntu 22.04 64-bit
  • Graphics card with ā‰„8 GB of memory
  • ~60 GB free disk space

Hi, is live coding possible on Linux with the last version ?

I am hijacking this thread LOL

I havenā€™t had any issues, running UE5 on Fedora 36, as for the epic launcher I am using Lutris

The only problem Iā€™m facing, is trying to cook the the files for android testing, as I get the errors:

Android Studio is not installed, despite it is properly installed and running

NDKROOT not found, tried downloading and installing NDK but still this persists

Anyone knows any workaround?

Iā€™ve been using UE5 on Linux, even with testing an android build without issue.
So I can say itā€™s possible, but it was on Arch Linux and Pop!OS (ubuntu based), not on Fedora.
For what I remember, I had to set the SDK/NDK path in the editor or project settings, probably in the platform section.
For the epic launcher replacement, I highly recommend using ā€œEpic asset managerā€ (aka EAM). Itā€™s an incredible tool !

1 Like

Noob here. Anyone know of some decent video tutorials for Unreal Editor on Linux?
There a Windows Tuts all day long, but nothing really for the Linux user.

Iā€™m on Zorin 16.