UE5 - Forward solve of Full Body IK not working in standalone mode

I have a control rig running though an animation blueprint. It works great in viewport/PIE preview. But when running a standalone game to preview, the control rig doesn’t appear to do anything, leaving a static skeletal mesh to move around. Through log-output debugging I see it’s entering the animation blueprint, running the control rig node, and then continuing on the the output node.

Any idea on what possibly could be wrong? I can’t find a good way to debug the control rig graph in standalone, there seems to be no nodes for printing/outputting to the log. That said, there is no conditional logic, so I’m not sure how much value in troubleshooting being able to log execution points would be. Thanks for any insights!

3 Likes

Bump, I’m having no luck figuring this out

Still trying to resolve.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with the vehicle destruction in City Sample vehicles. These use the control rig to deform, and I’m 99% sure now that it is the control rig not doing anything in standalone or even packaged. In fact, I did a fresh install of 5.0.1 on a different machine to the one I’m currently using, downloaded the City Sample there, and running that standalone behaves the same way. The control rig is only deforming the vehicle upon collision when it runs in the editor.

No solution, just that this seems like a bug.

1 Like

Found this bug report. A bit old, but seems relevant.

This is happening to me too. Even if I open up the UE5 content examples sample project, the control rig map does nothing at all in standalone mode.

1 Like

This seems like a rather large issue to have outstanding, i assumed it had to be something I was doing. Has it really been a issue for years, and Epic is not fixing?

1 Like

Epic, please address this issue. Our standalone builds are bugged.

1 Like